Thursday, March 8, 2018

What's Important?

After a few years' break where I've spent a lot of time focused on family and other priorities, it's time to pick back up on logging some running adventures!

Even though last few years have been pretty crazy, I have learned many things which have actually made my running better. First, I had gotten to the point where running was "what I did" rather than "what I loved doing." It feels good to be back to wanting to get out to run, rather than checking it off the "to do" list for the day. Second, I've spent less time cramming in as many races as I can, and more time doing adventure running with friends where you find cool trails, slow down the pace, and enjoy exploring and camaraderie. Third, I've learned to listen to my body more, to train smarter rather than harder, and to mix in other sports to eliminate burn out.

I've also learned I can share quick thoughts rather than long, laborious posts which take too long to write and too long to read. So - that's all for now!






No comments:

Post a Comment