Monday, January 17, 2011

It's been a while...

So - it's been a while since I've sat and added to my blog. It's time to dust it off and get serious again - 2011 is going to be a great year. After vacationing in Mexico, the Christmas holidays, New Year's, Birthday, and other celebrations I'm back on the bandwagon starting tomorrow. Being on the bandwagon includes improving my training regiment so I'm maximizing every moment in the gym or out on the trails - but more than anything refers to my eating which has spiraled out of control the last month. Fortunately I've logged enough miles with some time off to counterbalance the chocolate covered pecans, cookies, dips, pies, etc - but I really haven't dropped the additional bodyfat that I was hoping to before the end of the year.

The race calendar is shaping up nicely with about one race a month on average. I've thrown a few new races in there that I haven't done before - but most are repeats of races that are close and that I enjoy running. Up in the air is the Speedgoat 50K - which was really my favorite run of 2010. It's in July in the mountains in Utah - and there's something about escaping the Texas heat mid-summer that really sounds appealing - so it might be one that I add to the list. We'll see. I'm also looking for an August race. Not many in TX because of the heat - so if I find one I imagine it will include some travel somewhere.

January
Hill's 50K (my self named training "race!")
Benbrook half marathon

February
Cowtown 50K

March
Toughest in Texas
Grasslands Trail Marathon

April
Hell's Hills 50 Mile

May
Jemez 50 Mile

June
Summer Solstice 6 Hour

July
El Scorcho 50K

August
Nothing Yet!

September
Run From the Ducks 8 Hour

October
Pony Express 100 Mile

November
Rockledge Rumble

December
Run Like the Wind 12 Hour

No comments:

Post a Comment